Talk

Advanced search

Meal Planning/Food Shopping App

(4 Posts)
onedayimightforget Mon 02-Jan-17 10:58:25

I'm looking for an iPhone app to help with meal planning. The problem is I've got a very specific idea of what I want:

- Enter your own recipes complete with ingredients
- Add recipe to Meal Plan
- Ingredients automatically get loaded to shopping list, ideally amalgamating quantities of the same item (e.g. If peas are in two recipes it adds it only once with the amount you need)

The Change for Life app does the thing with adding to a shopping list but only with their own recipes and you can't add to a meal plan.

Has anyone found anything like this?

drinkyourmilk Mon 02-Jan-17 11:00:35

This sounds like a fab idea. I don't have an I phone, but an android version would be welcome too!

onedayimightforget Mon 02-Jan-17 12:24:36

If I could write an app I would. I think I could probably produce this in Excel if not so I might have to do that if all else fails.

In an ideal world you'd be able to do it all in an app and then see how much the selection of ingredients would cost with each supermarket and then order directly through the app. I don't ask for much!

CaptainWarbeck Tue 03-Jan-17 03:26:37

Copy Me That is an app I use that does this. You can copy any recipe from a webpage (it will scan it and find the recipe, then save to the app) and you can edit and I think create your own.

Then you can add recipes to a meal plan where you can see each meal for each day of the week. You can add all to shopping list too. Don't know if it would duplicate the pea issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now