Talk

Advanced search

Bag of frozen cauliflower

(11 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Mon 02-Jan-17 08:58:40

I have a bag of frozen cauliflower clogging up the freezer, any suggestions of what to do with it?

Must be low cal and curry based might be nice. I know there is always cauliflower cheese but that really doesn't fit the diet!!

BitOutOfPractice Mon 02-Jan-17 08:59:26

Cauliflower and cashew curry.

MrsGB2015 Mon 02-Jan-17 09:03:28

Cauliflower rice?

LuchiMangsho Mon 02-Jan-17 09:05:11

Make a curry. Defrost it. Hot oil. Add some cumin seeds and sliced onions. Add the cauliflower and toast it a bit. Add chopped tomatoes (or tinned), salt, a pinch of sugar, turmeric and cumin powder. Add some water. Cover and cook till it is nice and thick and the cauliflower is cooked. Before serving stir in a spoon of yoghurt and sprinkle coriander.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 02-Jan-17 09:05:27

Sounds lovely. I may need recipes though

Toffeelatteplease Mon 02-Jan-17 09:06:18

X post with luchi

LuchiMangsho Mon 02-Jan-17 09:09:39

Alternate recipe or the way my Mum makes it. Heat oil. Add cardamom, cloves, peppercorn and cumin seeds. Oil must be hot so they sizzle for 15 seconds. Add the cauliflower and chopped potatoes. Add turmeric and chilli powder and salt. Let it fry in the oil for 5 mins. Then add water and cover and cook (topping up the water when needed) till it is all nice and soft. This should be quite a dry curry.

PurpleDaisies Mon 02-Jan-17 09:10:32

Cauliflower soup is really nice.

Big spoonful of any curry past you like. Add an onion and fry until softened. Add the cauliflower and fry for a minute or so. Top up with either chicken or vegetable stock. Summer until the veg are soft then blend. I like a few chunks of cauliflower so I take out a few before blending. You can add any other veg you like too, or throw in cooked chick peas at the end to make it more filling.

Drquin Mon 02-Jan-17 09:11:13

Slimming World do a cauliflower cheese soup ..... very diet-friendly.
Sauté onions (in fry-lite, or minimal oil). Add paprika.
Add cauliflower, and any other veg. Stock just to cover it all.

Blend when cooked, then melt a few Light Laughing Cow triangles through it.

Ylvamoon Mon 02-Jan-17 09:15:49

Something different: do a basic cauliflower curry, make some savoury pancakes and fill! Lovely & very filling lunch/ dinner. You can make it healthier by using 50/50 milk water and whole grain flower for pancakes.

chickensarethebest Mon 02-Jan-17 09:38:48

Love cauliflower - just cut and paste all the recipes. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now