Talk

Advanced search

Recipes for one or two people

(8 Posts)
SingaSong12 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:57:25

I live on my own and don't cook as much from fresh advice should. Can anyone suggest recipe books or websites that have recipes for one or two. I do sometimes cook recipes for four people and portion and store, but was hoping to get other inspiration.

hippoinamudhole Sun 01-Jan-17 17:30:57

Lean in 15 is a series of books that contain recipes that cook very quickly and are mainly for 1 or 2 people.

SingaSong12 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:29:48

Just noticed a similar thread that is similar

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2815324-Please-share-with-me-your-most-delicious-healthy-quick-meal-ideas-for-one-person

SingaSong12 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:30:07

Thanks Hippo

kateandme Sun 01-Jan-17 19:31:40

good food website is usually good for this. and often now recipes for four can be easily halved so don't do yourself out of delicious ones.
also if it things like meat or mince recipes could you cook the bigger portion and then ave for lunch the next day or save and make into another meal of something different.

TheMortificadosDragon Sun 01-Jan-17 19:35:30

I used to use Delia Smith's 'One is fun' quite a bit before I married - some of the recipes are available online now, it seems http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/books/delias-one-is-fun

Cheeseandbeansontoast Mon 02-Jan-17 22:00:38

I normally do a two-day tea for dh and I, say, chilli for example.

One night we'll have it with rice and 2nd night we'll have the remainder with garlic naan.

Same with meatballs.
It's easy for us to do as we work all week, but I see you are on your own. It could work. Would you go for doing this so it frees up every second day during the week, then do something over the weekend?

Cheeseandbeansontoast Mon 02-Jan-17 22:06:58

Sorry singasong, didn't read the thread properly blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now