Talk

Advanced search

Arrraaagggh beef joint still frozen in the middle....

(5 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 01-Jan-17 11:46:50

Took it it out yesterday mid day and defrosted in the fridge overnight but it's still not properly thawed. I had planned on popping it in the slow cooker but I'm guessing we won't have time to slow cook it now :-/ any ideas how I can defrost I quicker it seems to be the middle part.

SauvignonBlanche Sun 01-Jan-17 11:59:24

I wasn't sure mine would defrost in time in the fridge and read of a method of placing in it cold water, if it's shrink wraped and changing the water every 30 mins.

I left mine in the conservatory overnight and it seems fine, I put it back in the fridge first thing this morning.

MyGirlDaisy Sun 01-Jan-17 12:02:44

Are you able to cut it in half and then stick it in a cool room? I hate it when you follow the defrost instructions and this happens!

Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 01-Jan-17 12:20:34

Thanks ladies I will try the water first and the see if I can cut it. I would have thought 20ish hours would have been plenty of time to defrost grrr

SauvignonBlanche Sun 01-Jan-17 12:23:32

When I looked it up yesterday it said it could take longer than 24 hours hence my rather unorthodox leaving out of the fridge for a while.

Hope the water works, I read about it in more than one place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now