Talk

Advanced search

Pancake batter

(10 Posts)
Millie1 Tue 20-Feb-07 13:14:41

It is okay to make my batter now and keep in the fridge until dinner-time, isn't it? Or will it 'go flat' so to speak?

dizzydo Tue 20-Feb-07 13:43:32

No it will be absolutely fine. How organised are you

PandaG Tue 20-Feb-07 13:44:20

better to make it in advance and let it stand, according to my gran

Millie1 Tue 20-Feb-07 14:21:06

Thanks! Made it not long after i posted so it's in the fridge now. BTW, am not in the least bit organised but am off work this week with children at school & nursery .

ja9 Tue 20-Feb-07 14:25:25

err, how do you make this please?

Bucketsofdynomite Tue 20-Feb-07 16:01:37

You don't need to let it stand as long as you've mixed well after half the milk has gone in, like this:

Melt half an oz of butter/marge in a jug.
Add an egg, 4oz plain flour, pinch of salt and 1/4pt milk. Mix well. Then mix in another 1/4pt of milk.
I sometimes replace the milk with veg or chicken stock (omit the salt) and it's still yummy, just a bit more savoury. And actually I once forgot the egg and they were still fine!

RubyRioja Tue 20-Feb-07 16:03:37

OK, Have made batter. Any tips for avoiding the whale sized ommelettes that I usually create?

Bucketsofdynomite Tue 20-Feb-07 17:03:48

Use a ladle so you only get a little out, drop it in, swish it round and round like an omelette. I've just made loads of small round ones in my 8" frying pan, it made them perfectly round!

RubyRioja Tue 20-Feb-07 22:03:35

Bum! Rubbish pancakes here as usual. It will be flippin' aunt bessies here next year!

The dds licked off the choc sauce I used to disguise them and slipped them in the bin. Only pudding, but why do I bother?????????????

Bucketsofdynomite Wed 21-Feb-07 11:05:51

LOL what went wrong? Was it just the taste? If they're not sweet enough try filling them with grated cheese instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now