Talk

Advanced search

Lunch Challenge

(7 Posts)
Fiona2609 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:05:10

I will be leaving home on a Sunday, returning on a Thursday and have all day meetings on the Tuesday and Wednesday (at my office). What can I take for those 2 days to provide me with a quick, but tasty and sustaining bite of lunch?
I have access to a fridge and there is a microwave in the building. I don't do sandwiches or couscous. Anything I make on the Sunday must still be good to eat by Wednesday lunchtime.
Any good ideas?
Thanks.

Allalonenow Thu 29-Dec-16 13:29:12

Caesar salad with an added hard boiled egg.
Tuna pesto and pasta salad.
Keep all components separately until about to eat.
You could also take soup and bread.

Fiona2609 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:35:00

I am going to be really fussy and say that salad and a hard-boiled egg 2+ days old do not appeal. Don't like pasta and do not do bread. At present I am thinking along the lines of some home-made soup and fruit.
But thanks for the suggestions.

lastqueenofscotland Thu 29-Dec-16 15:46:33

Fiona I'm with you, 2 day old boiled egg... Blurggg and eggs stink out microwaves so you may not be popular..

I bring my lunch into work a lot we have a microwave, fridge and hot water tap.

Wraps - I have with hummus, falafel and salad.
Stir fry - make big one and portion it out will keep ok and microwave well
Dahl - super easy to bulk make, have with naan if you are worried about reheating rice.

Allalonenow Thu 29-Dec-16 17:40:43

Hard boiled eggs if stored in a fridge have a shelf life of a week, (but why you would microwave a hard boiled egg baffles me).

The OP doesn't "do" bread or pasta, so that presumably rules ot naan and wraps too.

If only you'd put a complete list of your likes/dislikes/things you didn't do in you first post Fiona I wouldn't have mentioned pasta! fgrin

Blondie1984 Fri 30-Dec-16 01:22:25

I would buy some of those pouches of microwave rice or mixed grains, some precooked salmon fillets, chicken breasts or tins of no drain tuna and then prep some salad and take a few pieces of fruit

Fiona2609 Fri 30-Dec-16 12:42:06

I have had a brainwave, I will get something delivered, sashimi probably, from one of the local restaurants.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now