Talk

Advanced search

Veganuary

(2 Posts)
hazelnutlatte Thu 29-Dec-16 09:19:03

Is anyone else doing Veganuary (vegan for the month of January)? I've signed up and would love some recipes, tips and ideas of what to eat.
I was vegan for a year or so 10 years ago but I gave it up as I found it too difficult. I told myself that I would eat 'mostly vegan' but over the years I have gradually started eating meat and fish again as well as dairy. I can't see myself becoming vegan full time again but am hoping I can sustain it for a month!
You would think I'd have loads of meal ideas because I've done this before, but that was before I had a family to feed and I used to eat the same few favourites all of the time, none of which my kids like. So any ideas for family meals would be good, plus lunch and snack ideas too.

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Dec-16 10:17:28

I'm a demi vegan but at home a real vegan. grin I find that whole rice is fab. (I make a lot on a cooking day and freeze it in smallish boxes ). The secret is to cook it for long time, it goes white and the kids don't notice that it's 'brown' ! I then make a stew of seasonal vegetables , or a stir fry.

I also make the most delicious almond milk rice pudding with it. You soak the rice first like for normal meals then throw way the soaking water and cook very gently in the almond milk, either on the stove or in the oven. with plenty of spices and maple syrup or whatever sweetener you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now