Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chicken Stock

(5 Posts)
loopybear Mon 19-Feb-07 21:01:49

I cook all DD's food (7months) I'm just about to introduce chicken and have spend 3 and half hours making chicken stock. Does anyone know where I can buy a good salt free chicken stock from?

Tootiepegs Mon 19-Feb-07 21:10:47

Holland and Barratt and Sainsburys both do a low salt organic stock cube ...brand called Kallo, if you can't find anything better

funnypeculiar Mon 19-Feb-07 21:12:30

(Having spent 10 mins berating our Sainsbellies for not having any this afternoon ... they may , or may not, still stock it!)
3 1/2 hours is a long time to make stock, imho...

fishie Mon 19-Feb-07 21:20:43

oh dear, it shouldn't be that difficult. i simmer whatever bones are left from raw or cooked chicken for a few hours, strain and freeze in bags. no need to look after it or anything.

what are you making for 7mo which requires stock anyway? itry using thigh instead of breast, more taste, higher calorie, less dense fibres for gumming and no need for stock.

TinCan Wed 21-Feb-07 21:23:46

Waitrose does chicken stock in a bag that doesn't have any salt (at least it's not included on the ingredients list). I believe it's the WTR Cook's Ingredients chicken stock....I use it all the time for making my son's food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now