Talk

Advanced search

Jack again

(16 Posts)
randomeragain Thu 22-Dec-16 09:21:03

I am not a pestery person or even a pessary person but would be grateful if you could cast your eyes over my email. ta

MavisTheTwinklyToreador Thu 22-Dec-16 09:26:03

What email?

FeckinCrutches Thu 22-Dec-16 09:27:54

What? confused

randomeragain Thu 22-Dec-16 20:31:55

I am trying to get in touch with Jack Monroe, not for my own benefit but t try and help some people who are having a hard time.

MavisTheTwinklyToreador Thu 22-Dec-16 20:32:39

Try her site?

TheGruffaloMother Thu 22-Dec-16 20:34:08

A MN post possibly isn't the best way to contact her confused

FeckinCrutches Thu 22-Dec-16 21:45:33

Email her? Tweet her? I doubt very she trawls the site everyday just incase someone needs her. And maybe 'I need to get in touch with Jack Monroe' in your thread title may have helped hmm

Mondrian Fri 23-Dec-16 04:39:13

There was another thread a few days ago and Jack responded with contact info so look it up.

YelloDraw Fri 23-Dec-16 12:25:41

So you want to send a begging email?

randomeragain Fri 23-Dec-16 14:57:30

OK just to clarify I am a volunteer with a small project that aims to help people by providing meals. It is a small, straightforward and in my opinion very worthwhile thing.

People attend a supper club or a lunch club and get hot food and a helping hand....things like filling in forms, help finding a home, help with English and also some company and a hot drink no questions asked.

This is funded by putting in bids and it is very very close to the wire at he moment.

in an attempt to be creative and helpful, I thought of contacting Jack as she speaks up against poverty and is passionate about food.

I am not begging. Never mind. It will be fine. we will manage.

randomeragain Fri 23-Dec-16 14:59:09

Mondrian, thanks I have responded to that info. The situation is dire. People have no food.

randomeragain Fri 23-Dec-16 15:01:00

I dont suppose she trawls the site....I have tried other routes. i am a volunteer thats it really.

PotteringAlong Fri 23-Dec-16 15:03:50

If you've located her contact details, emailed her, have tried "other routes" and are now starting mumsnet threads to try and get hold of her then, contrary to your first post, you are actually a very pestary person.

MavisTheTwinklyToreador Fri 23-Dec-16 15:09:58

randomeragain it sounds like a great club. Do you have a website? People might be able to donate if you set up a just giving page. You could share it on Facebook and maybe the charity section here. If people can see its a genuine charity I'm sure some would be interested in helping. Best of luck and thumbs up for your work.

randomeragain Fri 23-Dec-16 15:46:56

Mavis is kinda basic but we are looking are crowd funding possibly in the new year. Thanks for suggestions.

Pottering I do wonder what is to be gained by being unkind to me? I am not pestering.....whatever stuff it.

Next step......football clubs.

randomeragain Fri 23-Dec-16 15:47:56

it just seemed lie a perfect fit but never mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now