Talk

Advanced search

Horseradish help

(7 Posts)
Roastchesnutlatte Wed 21-Dec-16 21:22:04

Any ideas where I can buy some ?
Trying to make the Jamie Oliver beetroot cured salmon and bought all the ingredients but can't find horseradish anywhere
Needs to be the root or ready grated
Tried big tesco, ocado, waitrose and failed!

bookbook Wed 21-Dec-16 22:40:21

Is it worth trying a good Chinese supermarket . It's surprising what they stock. ( Thats if you are near one obviously! ) is it too late for an Amazon delivery ?
here

Roastchesnutlatte Wed 21-Dec-16 22:46:30

Thanks, too late I think for that sadly
No Chinese supermarkets but you have given me the idea to try a polish one, which we do have

bookbook Wed 21-Dec-16 22:53:53

Fingers crossed. Another idea is to ask around if you know anyone who has an allotment. A lot of us grow it - Or they may know someone who does smile

Blondie1984 Thu 22-Dec-16 00:01:21

I saw it in Waitrose tonight - did you ask anyone? Maybe give them a ring and double check?
Is there a farm shop near you? They might have it

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:10:25

I've seen it in Waitrose, but honestly, it grows everywhere. Look for leaves like giant dock leaves and dig a bit up! Alternatively try a polish shop, they usually have grated in jars ( not sauce) and may also have fresh.

Elmersnewfriend Thu 22-Dec-16 18:20:01

Where do you live OP? We have loads in the garden and you would be welcome to have some!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now