Talk

Advanced search

Packed lunches?

(4 Posts)
studentnurse1234 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:04:22

Hi, this would be my first post grin
I was wondering if anyone could please offer any advice on some high energy/low fat packed lunch ideas?
I am a first year student nurse and I will be starting placements in January which will be 12.5hour shifts. Just in need of some inspiration other than having a sandwich four times a week!

whataboutbob Wed 21-Dec-16 17:45:42

How about pasta salad. I make one with orzo pasta (a bit like rice grains) cheap mozarella from lidl, sun dried toms and some rocket. I like chick peas so I often chuck some in too with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Another one is quinoa salad with feta cheese, chopped tomato and cucumber. 3rd one up: tuna, pasta penne, chopped celery, rocket, balsamic vinegar.
Or if you have access to a microwave, bring in a spud, give it 9 minutes on high, serve with baked beans and some cheese.
HTH!

MelanieCheeks Wed 21-Dec-16 17:49:47

Why low fat, particularly?

I really enjoyed my lunch today -in an effort to eat more veg, I had a salad of leftover sweet potato wedges, half an avocado, some chopped red pepper, cottage cheese and pomegranate arils. It looked very festive, too!

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 22-Dec-16 11:08:50

Tuna pasta with sweet corn (use low fat dressing/Mayo if you wish)
Cous cous with roasted veg
Cold slices of frittata
Soups are ideal in winter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now