Talk

Advanced search

If you are shit at cooking - what do you cook?

(5 Posts)
5000candlesinthewind Tue 20-Dec-16 16:46:50

I'm not good at cooking, I really try my best but it never turns out well. I can just about get away with some curries, lasagne, grilled chicken etc but no one else but me really enjoys the meal blush

My dad is coming for dinner this week and I have no idea what to cook that he would enjoy and that my fussy children would eat, also something that I can't fuck up!
Any inspiration?

thurrsday Tue 20-Dec-16 16:57:48

I cook stuff from the Sainsbury's 'just cook' range. It's quite expensive (we have it very night with different food for the kids!) but convenient for our lifestyle (both work) and both hopeless cooks. I usually do steamed new potatoes and steamed green beans with some butter on, can't go far wrong.

Blondie1984 Wed 21-Dec-16 00:09:52

Well what does your dad like? And what sorts of things are your kids not fans of?

How about something like cottage or shepherd's pie? Or spaghetti bolognaise?

MikeUniformMike Wed 21-Dec-16 00:11:08

Get a takeaway.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 21-Dec-16 00:11:58

Maggie So Juicy range. Open up the bag, shove in peppers/onion/chicken breasts, follow instructions on back of packet. Serve with new potatoes and veg. Easy peasy! Can't really go wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now