Talk

Advanced search

Meat Canapés

(10 Posts)
foodiemama26 Sun 18-Dec-16 16:14:04

I'm doing smoked salmon blinis on Christmas day as family arrive as they only take a couple of minutes to put together. Can any one recommend a meat based canapé to go along them as some of the family don't eat fish? Preferably very easy to do or something I could prep Christmas eve!

missmoffatt2705 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:05:18

how about chicken tikka mini kebabs? Marinated some chicken breast in tikka & yogurt. Thread onto short wooden skewers and bake in oven.

Strawclutching Sun 18-Dec-16 17:11:55

Sausages in honey and mustard
Bacon wrapped prunes
Chicken satay
Ham and cheese croquettes
Beef in mini Yorkshire puddings

viques Sun 18-Dec-16 17:12:32

Bruschetta .Thinly slice up a French stick on the diagonal brush with a good garlicky oil and a bit of tomato purée, add a twisted slice or two of salami, (can all be done in advance) then another quick sprinkle of oil and heat through.

missmoffatt2705 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:13:16

If you go to BBC website (the news one) and go to Food section, you can search 'tandoori chicken party skewers' for recipe.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 18-Dec-16 18:50:56

Roasted gnocchi, peperdews and chorizo skewers.

NapQueen Sun 18-Dec-16 18:52:38

Tiny toad in the hole. Smaller cake tin, cooked cocktail sausage dropped in before cooking.

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Sun 18-Dec-16 19:29:30

I like little frozen yorkshire puddings with a slice of cooked beef, a bit of white stilton and heated up in the oven for the 4-6mins it takes to cook the yorkies. Then when they're cooked, top with a bit of horseradish sauce.

foodiemama26 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:27:44

Thanks for the ideas....off to write my shopping list now!

Allalonenow Mon 19-Dec-16 19:45:45

Or stay with the blinis and do toppings such as salami & fresh fig slice,
air dried beef with cream cheese & rocket, smoked pork loin & chutney, coronation chicken.
Put them together in advance and no cooking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now