Talk

Advanced search

Easy healthy meals for Xmas week

(9 Posts)
Notnownornever Sun 18-Dec-16 07:17:49

Can I have some ideas?
Am aware I will be doing a lot of cooking towards the end of the week and we will all be eating on the less healthy end of the spectrum so looking for easy low prep meals for this week

We are still at work and like to eat as a family in the evening with low storage meals alongside lots of veg etc so don't really want pasta dishes and I already cook soup
a lot so any other ideas would be great.

I find even doing a shepherds pie takes a reasonable amount of prep and I don't have aslow cooker so I'm struggling for ideas of tasty healthy maybe one pot type tasty meals for this week

Or maybe we go beans on toast!

I made sweetcorn fritters with avocado salsa last night. Took moments, was pretty healthy and absolutely delicious.

Sausage casserole?
Baked potatoes with cheese, coleslaw, salad - or with ratatouille?

TheCakes Sun 18-Dec-16 12:16:09

Fajitas are super quick and healthy. I usually buy a kit from Tesco.
Also, do you have a slow cooker?

barfotoliv Sun 18-Dec-16 12:24:38

Do you have a rice cooker? Best thing ever, so easy and quick to cook rice. I would go Asian.
Stir-fried beef with mushrooms, ginger, spring onion and oyster sauce. Stir-fry the ginger, add the beef, after a minute or two the mushrooms. Add a couple of tablespoons each of oyster sauce and light soy sauce. Then add up to a half pint of water does in how "saucy" you want it. Spring onions right at the end.

Teriyaki salmon? Marinate the night before in the teriyaki. Grill and serve with steamed rice and greens.

Fried rice with whatever veg/protein you have to hand. Garlic fried in oil, add the veg/meat, add cooked, cold rice, stir-fry with soy sauce, bit of sugar, fish sauce if you have it.

My husband is SE Asian. We eat A LOT of rice.

HeyMicky Sun 18-Dec-16 12:27:06

On the menu this week we have:

Soup and bread
Omelette and salad
Steamed salmon, pak choi and Chinese broccoli
Prawn and veg stir fry

All 15 mins or less

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 18-Dec-16 14:08:29

Frittata and quasedillas are quick and good for running the fridge down before Christmas.
Veggie chillie with sweet potato wedges.
Baked cod topped with lemon breadcrumbs.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 18-Dec-16 18:14:00

Mine this week is all fairly quick
Quesadillas with black beans and goats cheese
Leek and potato soup and rolls

Also easy:
Cous cous salad and hallumi
Falafel and hummus
Jacket potatos with beans and cheese
Fajitas
Pasta and pesto

DrowningInPoop Mon 19-Dec-16 11:38:14

salmon (can buy frozen with a sauce) and some steamed veg with rice or wedges?

Chchchchangeabout Mon 19-Dec-16 17:16:30

Baked chicken casserole - put chopped veg, 4-8 chicken legs, 500ml stock in oven proof dish, in one layer, bake 30-45 mins at 180

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now