Child friendly slow cooker curry?

(5 Posts)
Careerchanger2017 Sun 27-Nov-16 17:30:14

Does anyone have a slow cooker curry recipe that is child friendly? I want to put something in the slow cooker next Saturday morning so when we get back late next Saturday afternoon we don't have to resort to take away (again) blush

Sunflowersmiling Fri 02-Dec-16 06:43:02

You can knock up a child friendly fresh curry faster than take away :-) I gave up on my slow cooker...I couldn't get anything to taste nice...so be interested to hear if anyone has good curry recipie.

We like those easy Spice Tailor packs. Fresh chicken breast chopped up. Ok it's not as authentic as could be...but in a rush it takes 10 mins and my ds loves it. Add on dollop natural yoghurt, rice and mango chutney on the side and he's in heaven :-)

WhatwouldRuthdo Fri 02-Dec-16 06:56:53

We have a slow cooked curry weekly, like you, in an attempt to avoid the takeaway! It's also simple to stick in before work. My current favourite is:
Mix natural yoghurt, garlic, lime juice, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder, cumin and salt together. Add chicken thighs and marinate overnight. Then slow cook 6ish hours. Voila! Shame it can't do the rice too...

Sweetwater Fri 02-Dec-16 07:06:40

I just put a jar of thai green curry paste, a tin of coconut milk, chicken thighs, green lentils and chopped up peppers in. And some water.

dreamingofsun Fri 02-Dec-16 10:46:11

pataks paste or curry powder if i've run out, chopped frozen onions, chutney, tin of toms, meat, spare veg if i want to get rid of something. some sultanas if i have time or a chopped apple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now