Talk

Advanced search

Can I freeze and reheat paella (and not die of food poisoning)?

(7 Posts)
iknowimcoming Fri 25-Nov-16 20:43:05

DH made a scrummy paella tonight with prawns squid and chorizo and theres a good sized portion for one left over, I wouldn't normally freeze it as I'm a bit wary of prawns but we have eaten all the prawns in it so it's just squid and chorizo and rice etc. Will it be ok to freeze and reheat another day without making someone ill? Such a shame to waste it

iknowimcoming Fri 25-Nov-16 23:55:03

Anyone?

RobberBride Sat 26-Nov-16 00:05:09

I've done that*, as long as nothing in it had already been frozen and defrosted. Make sure it is cooled when frozen (but don't leave it overnight before freezing). Defrost and reheat thoroughly. Make sure it smells ok.

*When younger and healthier. Don't do it for anyone who is pregnant/ill etc etc.

tigerdriverII Sat 26-Nov-16 00:08:00

Of course you can. I forgot that paella had rice in it. There again I also forgot that Nutella had nuts in it blushgrin

Girlwithnotattoos Sat 26-Nov-16 00:13:20

I thought reheating rice was a huge no no? Can give you major food poison - something to do with toxins hmm

mishchan01 Mon 28-Nov-16 17:19:04

Probably a bit late to rely.

You can freeze paella as long as it has not been left out for more than a couple of hours. The best way to reheat it is left thawed in the fridge the night before and reheating on the stove using a pan, adds a bit of water if it's drying up.

dementedpixie Mon 28-Nov-16 17:23:00

It's fine as long as it isn't left at room temperature for too long before freezing. I normally put leftovers in the fridge and have it for lunch the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now