Talk

Advanced search

Dinner party - vegetarian options

(5 Posts)
SleepyRoo Sun 20-Nov-16 20:15:44

One of my 5 dinner guests is veggie. Is it better to have a veg alternative (meaning I have to make a special dish) or is it just more stylish to make a single, quite showy veg dish for everybody? If so, what??

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 21-Nov-16 13:02:02

I think either is fine, I guess it depends a little bit on the other guests, if they are used to eating veggie dishes then I would go with one for all but I often read here about people (seemingly more often men!) who feel their meal is incomplete or they are some how being ripped off without a meat dish.

lastqueenofscotland Mon 21-Nov-16 13:03:22

I'd make a really nice veggie dish for everyone personally

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 21-Nov-16 13:13:52

Sorry realised didn't actually help with suggestions! If you need to do both meat and veggie dish then it's easier if whatever you make can share sides so a beef Bourgogne and a veggie version subbing the beef with Beetroot.
If you go for one dish maybe something like a red onion tart tatin or go morrocan with a chickpea and sweet potato tagine with cous cous and flat breads.

SleepyRoo Mon 21-Nov-16 20:23:50

Thanks all - great ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now