Freezer prep slow cooker - want inspiration

(5 Posts)
MaisyPops Thu 17-Nov-16 14:51:58

I love prepping meals to go in my slow cooker but keep doing the same few things.
Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes they're willing to share?

dreamingofsun Thu 17-Nov-16 17:29:35

have you tried using baked beans as a basis. you can add herbs, garlic, white wine, onions, mustard, vegetables and things.....whatever you have going. extra tom sauce or puree. and some meat or sausages

Ellieboolou27 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:12:24

Had a slow cooker for years but only just started to use it, one dish I can vouch for is beef goulash,
I fry / brown chunks of beef that have been coated with 2tbps flour and 2 2tbsp paprika.
When frying beef add 1 onion and 1 red pepper chopped, 2-3 garlic gloves, put into slow cooker with tin chopped tomatoes and one cup of beef stock, cook on medium for around 6-8 hours, just before serving add some parsley (I use frozen) and a slug of either sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt.
I serve with rice or mash, both my kids (4 and 14 months love it)
Freezes well and tastes better the day after.

Ellieboolou27 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:13:14

That's 2tbs paprika not 22 smile

MaisyPops Thu 17-Nov-16 21:12:34

dreamingofsun - I hadn't thought of using baked beans. Seems logical now, I usually get cannelini beans and chopped tomatoes.

Ellieboolou27 - Goulash sounds good. I've just bought some stewing beef so might try that one.

Thanks for the ideas. I hate getting into food ruts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now