Talk

Advanced search

Cooked chicken

(6 Posts)
foodiemama26 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:05:36

Last night I cooked 4 chicken breasts planning on using them today for a chicken salad for tea. Due to the weather being miserable I fancy something more hearty than a salad...please inspire me!

Spam88 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:07:27

My leftover chicken normally goes in a pie with some bacon/leftover gammon and whatever veg I have.

Murphysgirl Wed 16-Nov-16 11:11:27

Risotto?
Fajitas?
Jambalaya?
Chicken pie?

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:15:06

I did a roast last night and I'm using the left overs for a curry tonight 😋

foodiemama26 Wed 16-Nov-16 14:53:15

Right...curry it is!

mommybunny Wed 16-Nov-16 20:55:08

My family has roast chicken almost every Friday, and I almost always roast two chickens so I have a whole chicken to do something with over the weekend. I'm always looking for things to do with leftover chicken - here are some of the things I do:

--curry
--pasta sauce with bacon, onions and/or leeks, stock/leftover gravy, cream, and any other green veg I have to hand
--chicken pie
--croquettes (there's an HFW recipe on the Guardian's website my DCs love)
--fajitas
--sandwiches (buy crusty rolls from the supermarket and mix diced cooked chicken with any kind of chutney and mayo; this is also a good place for coronation chicken)
--risotto
--chicken noodle soup

Ina Garten does a lot of things with roasted chicken breasts, that I end up doing with whole roast chickens. Her website (and/or the Food Network website under her name) might have some good ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now