Talk

Advanced search

Chicken recipe needed please!

(10 Posts)
Ilikesweetpeas Mon 14-Nov-16 12:42:56

Hi, I'm cooking for about 30 people soon. Doing a fish pie, a chilli con carne and want to make a chicken dish too. Ideally something I can cook the day before then reheat and keep warm in a slow cooker so that people can help themselves. I'm planning on doing jacket potatoes too.
Any ideas about what I can cook for a chicken dish?

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 14-Nov-16 13:47:28

I'd go for a curry, chasseur, chicken in red wine or a tagine.

foodiemama26 Mon 14-Nov-16 13:53:16

cajun pulled chicken

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 14-Nov-16 14:43:20

Thank you for the suggestions, wondered if anyone can link to a recipe they've found successful?

bookbook Mon 14-Nov-16 17:46:32

This one is great. It uses chicken supremes, but I have made it with chopped chicken breast and also thighs for large parties . Dead easy
chicken with cardomon and yoghurt

bookbook Mon 14-Nov-16 17:46:56

oh - you need to scroll down the page a bit!

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 14-Nov-16 19:55:15

Thanks bookbook, that sounds tasty!

bookbook Tue 15-Nov-16 06:59:03

It is, just a nice bit of heat to it. . I have made it without the cayenne in as well, for someone allergic to it, and it's just as good

JustSpeakSense Tue 15-Nov-16 07:12:12

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/jools-easy-chicken-curry/

Jools Oliver's chicken curry is absolutely gorgeous. There is always more than enough sauce so I'd be inclined to add more chicken. I have also added diced chunks of butternut which worked very well.

You'd need to do rice if course (but I'm guessing you'd have rice anyway for the chilli)?

Have you planned a vegetarian option?

Ilikesweetpeas Tue 15-Nov-16 20:32:55

justspeak that sounds delicious too, thank you. No veggies coming, it's all family so I know what they will eat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now