Talk

Advanced search

I have chicken thighs and a slow cooker

(5 Posts)
LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:12:46

What shall I do?? I'm so out of inspiration

80sWaistcoat Tue 08-Nov-16 11:14:25

I'd ditch the slow cooker and put them in the oven for 40 minutes surrounded by veg and potatoes cut up small.

Put a bit of oil and salt and pepper on - add a lemon or chorizo or a splash of wine or sherry. Cook.

gaggiagirl Tue 08-Nov-16 11:19:50

Lemon zest thyme and garlic, cubed tiny potatoes, roast in oven serve with veg.

Or slow cook with coconut milk, onion garlic, veg curry powder etc.

mumonashoestring Tue 08-Nov-16 11:20:09

Waistcoat's idea is gorgeous, they're delicious with chorizo.

If you do want to slow cook them, pull the skin off and pop them in with two chopped onions, a cup of natural yoghurt, a good couple of tablespoons of tomato puree, a tablespoon of garam masala, a teaspoon each of coriander, cumin, turmeric, a little cinnamon and salt and a handful of cardamom pods. Tip in a tin of coconut milk, and add some cayenne or chilli flakes if you like it spicy. Then switch on the slow cooker and ignore it for 6 hours or so - serve over rice or with naan bread.

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 08-Nov-16 13:34:52

Thank you! I browned them off with leek, onion and garlic then added tomato paste, stock and herbs then chucked in slow cooker with some Haricot beans. Smells delicious.
I had to use SC as have two under 3 and they both get v cranky around 4 when I would start cooking. Yesterday was so stressful. Think baby is teething and just wants to be held so I used her nap times as a time to prepare it! Will do some micro rice or boiled new potatoes with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now