Talk

Advanced search

Totally fat free dinner- any ideas?

(8 Posts)
Mrdarcyswife Tue 08-Nov-16 09:53:07

I have a friend coming to dinner and for health reasons in the short term she must avoid all fat in her food. Her digestion is also very sensitive.

It's clearly been a rubbish time and I'd like to try and cook her something nice.

I've got as far as steamed fish and veg with cous cos, but it's not very exciting. Any better ideas would be great!

Wellthatsit Tue 08-Nov-16 09:56:22

That sounds nice. If you add loads of fresh herbs and lime or lemon joice in the cous cous it will be tasty.

therootoftheroot Tue 08-Nov-16 09:58:16

veggie bol

loads of courgettes and peppers and tomatoes and herbs with a splash of red wine
simmered for ages and served with pasta
yummy

Cockblocktopus Tue 08-Nov-16 09:59:45

Do you know if I went to a friends house and was served some lovely new potatoes with mint, some steamed veg and a piece of salmon fried in a non stick pan, without oil, skin side down then flipped for the last minute I would be totally happy with dinner.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 08-Nov-16 10:20:54

Would salmon be too oily though?

Monkfish is great in a provencale style sauce - doesnt fall apart like other white fish. I think I'd dry roast some red peppers and skin, dry grill some aubergine and courgette slices, chop and add to reduced chopped toms - maybe for this get the sort with garlic? Lots of med herbs, black pepper and some lemon juice. Serve on rice or couscous.

Maybe dessert a platter of nice fruit with zero fat greek yog?

Mrdarcyswife Wed 09-Nov-16 09:24:47

Thanks all, you've made me feel much better about the plan
Errol- you are right, I 'd better check if salmon is ok?

veggie bol or fish with (dry) roasted veg it is.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 09-Nov-16 16:43:38

Hope it goes/has gone well. smile

HelenaJustina Wed 09-Nov-16 16:47:16

When I had to go virtually fat free for gallbladder problems, salmon would def have been too oily. Lentils are your friend for protein/low fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now