Tuna for lunch recipes

(12 Posts)
swooosh Mon 17-Oct-16 14:19:35

I've bought two tins of tuna for two lunches this week. I usually do tuna pasta salad but bored of that.

What other tuna recipes are there that don't require the use of a microwave? I have pretty much all ingredients in to use. I like to use a whole tin per lunch if that helps!

meatloaf Mon 17-Oct-16 16:58:10

I make a salad and put a tin of tuna in that. Either mini gem lettuce based or wild rice. Sometime quinoa if I don't have leaves or rice in the cupboard.
Chop up the other veggies and give a good mix-up. And then top with dressing (I make my own as I think it tastes much nicer).

swooosh Mon 17-Oct-16 17:09:59

Thanks!

P1nkP0ppy Mon 17-Oct-16 17:17:15

I do salad Niçoise. Add black olives, anchovies, tomatoes, blanched French beans (or tinned ones), hard boiled eggs etc and separate French dressing.
Or add to a potato salad with chopped chillies or spring onions.

swooosh Mon 17-Oct-16 17:22:52

totally forgot about Nicoise!! Thank you!

DeliveredByKiki Tue 18-Oct-16 06:08:34

Mix with cannellini beans, red onions, lemon juice and salt and pepper....lush

YelloDraw Wed 19-Oct-16 16:41:47

Make a tuna plait one evening and take to work for the next few days

YelloDraw Wed 19-Oct-16 16:42:25

Some nice ideas here

Allalonenow Thu 20-Oct-16 10:40:06

Mix the tuna with some mayonnaise or seafood dressing and use to stuff a large tomato.

Stir into some cous-cous with diced red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber etc.

Stir into avocado, cucumber, pesto salad.

Stir into Waldorf salad.

bookbook Thu 20-Oct-16 11:13:59

I do couscous - I fry a shallot or two, and some cherry tomatoes while the couscous is standing cooking - add frozen peas to defrost. Mix altogether with the couscous, and season.

bookbook Thu 20-Oct-16 11:14:32

oh, along with the tuna of course! .....I wish I remembered to read before I post smile

swooosh Thu 20-Oct-16 14:35:31

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now