Talk

Advanced search

Give me your favourite pasta recipe (child friendly)

(12 Posts)
Tinks15 Tue 11-Oct-16 19:23:54

Thanks!

TooTweeOrNotTooTwee Tue 11-Oct-16 19:30:19

This serves four of us:

Melt butter (50g)
Fry sliced bacon (200g)
Add sliced mushrooms (1 box)
Add 300ml cream
Add garlic from tube
Mix with spaghetti
Add some parsley if feeling frivolous

Delicious, although what dish containing butter, cream, bacon and garlic isn't??

nonameavaliable Tue 11-Oct-16 19:41:15

Sausage and pasta bake (with extra hidden veg)
Tuna and pasta bake
Roasted veg Mac and cheese

Are all very popular in my house and with visiting kids

notthe1Parrot Tue 11-Oct-16 19:53:15

One pot pasta - ready in less than 15 minutes :

Cook pasta ( children's favourite is M&S fiorelli ), add peas for last 5 mins, drain , swirl in some butter, fold in grated cheese (which will start to melt in the heat of the pasta) and then add flaked tuna.

Yum!

Rathkelter Tue 11-Oct-16 20:03:14

Cook pasta and add frozen peas to the boiling water for the final 3 minutes.
Add pesto and cooked chicken or ham and /or fresh, chopped tomatoes.
Add Parmesan. My kids love it. Great for leftover roast on a Monday.
Another:
Fry bacon till crispy
Add garlic and orzo to the pan. Stir a few minutes.
Add chicken stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until stock is absorbed. Make sure it doesn't stick to the pan though.
Add Parmesan and stir.

DubiousCredentials Tue 11-Oct-16 20:09:11

Cook pasta
Add pesto

LadyMetroland Tue 11-Oct-16 21:15:52

Tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake

Anchovy spaghetti (ultimate storecupboard supper. It's just a couple of cloves of sliced garlic, tin or two of tomatoes and a few tinned anchovies, seasoning. Simmer sauce for a while then blitz in blender until smooth. Mix in cooked spaghetti - kids love this!)

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Tue 11-Oct-16 21:19:52

Cook diced chicken and bacon. Whilst boiling pasta.
When chicken almost cooked add veg, peas onions and sweet corn usually added here.
Drain the pasta and the meat/veg

Add half a jar of passatta, half a tub of ricotta cheese and stir through. Return to the heat and keep stirring until heated through.

Tinks15 Tue 11-Oct-16 21:52:34

Thanks all - some great recipes here. Going to screenshot all of these & give them a try.

Indecisivejo Mon 17-Oct-16 18:10:04

Fry onion in the oil drained from a tin of tuna, add tinned toms and the tuna and simmer 10 mins then add some mascarpone cheese and stir through until all melted. Add some cooked pasta and mix altogether, adding some ketchup until it's the consistency you like then either dish it straight up like this or pug it in to an oven dish top with grated cheese and bake on gas mark 6 for 20 mins.
(You can also add some chopped smoked bacon to the pan when frying the onion)

CheshireChat Sat 29-Oct-16 21:59:12

Fry a couple of garlic cloves, add bacon/ ham/ even leftover chicken, add frozen sweetcorn and peas, I sometimes even add mushrooms and at the end use Greek yogurt and Italian herbs. Make sure you cook it on low heat after you've added the yogurt.

Jellybean83 Tue 01-Nov-16 13:58:22

Finely dice carrot, celery and onion and gently fry until soft with a few chopped sprigs of rosemary. Add a chopped garlic clove for last few mins.

Take the skin off of three Italian pork sausages (I use Sainsbury's) add the sausage meat to the veg, cook until browned.

Add tablespoon of tomato purée and a tin of chopped tomatoes, season and simmer for 20 mins or so.

Add cooked pasta ( I always use fusilli for this) and some chopped basil leaves and stir, serve topped with Parmesan. Simple and delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now