Talk

Advanced search

Puddings- ideas please!

(8 Posts)
poshme Tue 11-Oct-16 17:32:41

DS is clearly having a growth spurt, and keeps eating. I can never think of easy puddings to give my kids, and they end up with yoghurt or ice cream which doesn't fill him up.

Please- inspire me with quick & easy puddings!

Highlove Tue 11-Oct-16 18:50:03

Crumble is my current thing. Plum crumble is a particular favourite, mainly because you don't need to pre-cook. And you can use one of those 'ripen at home' pinneys from the supermarket which are much cheaper, but you don't need to let them ripen. I tend to use ground almonds in place of about half the flour in the topping because it's delicious and adds a bit more in the way of nutritional value.

All that said, I think I'd be increasing savoury portions to fuel a growth spurt, rather than sweet stuff..

Highlove Tue 11-Oct-16 18:50:45

Pinneys should say punnets!

Artandco Tue 11-Oct-16 18:52:15

Greek yogurt and banana

TBH if they are hungry I would just feed more dinner. But desert isn't a daily thing here

QuilliamCakespeare Tue 11-Oct-16 18:53:07

Pregnant and placemarking grin

Crumble is a fave here too - 1/2 Bramley, 1/2 sweet eating apples. Chop and stew for a few mins to soften then chuck in the dish with some cinnamon and a few raisins before putting the crumble on top. I mix a few spoonfuls of porridge oats into my crumble for added texture.

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 11-Oct-16 18:57:25

Bananas and custard is pretty quick and easy.
Eaton mess
Sweet waffles or pancakes and toppings
Banana split
Rice pudding
Stewed apples sprinkled with granola.

Highlove Tue 11-Oct-16 18:57:29

Also, I sometimes sex up Greek yoghurt (though it's delicious as is) which might help make it more substantial - mash banana and add a dollop of honey and peanut butter; finely grate in some ripe pear and add a spoonful of ground almonds; a handful of nuts and seeds with some sultanas. Or generally whatever else that I might have knocking about!

leaveittothediva Tue 11-Oct-16 19:01:56

Oven rice pudding with cream. Pantry pudding with tinned peaches. (hot). This is like a light Sponge on top of peaches, it works so well. Ground rice with any fruit. Ramekin chocolate pots. Banana/custard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now