Talk

Advanced search

Low-FODMAP veggie dinner suggestions?

(9 Posts)
OldLagNewName Fri 07-Oct-16 14:07:28

DP is on second month of low-FODMAP diet in the elimination stage and we are vegetarian (and kids are quite picky). We've done okay with slightly tweaking some usual meals for him, and also with making gf things like pancakes and yorkshire puds. But we're all getting quite bored with so many baked potatoes and pasta with 'special' tomato sauce. Anyone got any ideas?

I have potatoes, celeriac, red cabbage, green beans and a red pepper in the house, as well as various salad leaf kind of things, but I could buy things before teatime. We had chip shop chips last night (and nothing else) because we were so tired and out of inspiration!

Statelychangers Fri 07-Oct-16 16:28:22

Try a hare krishna recipe book - they don't eat onions or garlic or meat.

TempehTantrum Fri 07-Oct-16 17:50:32

potato and celeriac gratin ? If you use soy or nut milk instead of the cream ?

Clairerandallfraserthe1st Fri 07-Oct-16 18:01:23

There is a group low fodmap vegan/vegetarian on Facebook they might help...off to find link

Clairerandallfraserthe1st Fri 07-Oct-16 18:04:11

Knew it was on there... link for recipes. [https://payhip.com/b/I9FY]

Clairerandallfraserthe1st Fri 07-Oct-16 18:04:40

payhip.com/b/I9FY

OldLagNewName Sat 08-Oct-16 13:33:59

Thanks Claireandall I can only see something you gave to pay for but the recipes list is a good source of ideas.

And thanks Tempeh and Stately, also good leads.

Really hoping this is not the new normal though...

ZazieCats Sat 08-Oct-16 17:26:41

Watch Xantham gum in gf stuff, it can be an ibs trigger

itlypocerka Sat 08-Oct-16 18:32:19

I occasionally have to go low-Fodmaps temporarily. Fortunately I can usually go back to eating normally again as it is really difficult.

I have managed a low-fodmaps curry, with sweet potato, aubergine, spinach and red pepper that was nice.

Rissottos can be quite easily low-fodmap if you choose the additions carefully. Can make with bulgur wheat to make a change.

Many cheeses are low fodmap though you need to check the label for sugars. Roast Mediterranean vegetables with feta is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now