Talk

Advanced search

Best pasta salad

(8 Posts)
Twunk Fri 09-Sep-16 14:10:40

I have a big BBQ tomorrow with about 90 people. We all bring a dish so it doesn't need to be huge but needs to feed say 20 as a side dish. I've volunteered for the pasta salad.

No budget particularly though obviously won't be going out buying truffles smile

So hit me with your best pasta salad recipe.

CaitAgusMadra Fri 09-Sep-16 15:54:35

I make one with pasta (obvs), good olive oil, lots of grated Parmesan, toasted pine nuts, sliced sundried tomatoes, shredded baby spinach leaves. Very easy and tasty

Twunk Fri 09-Sep-16 16:24:04

Oh yes I love pinenuts! And all the rest of the ingredients?

Which pasta? Fusilli?

And how much green should there be? Hmmmmm I suppose I could just add until it looks and tastes right....

Twunk Fri 09-Sep-16 16:24:40

Sorry random ? End of second sentence

CaitAgusMadra Fri 09-Sep-16 18:00:47

I've done it with penne and fusilli in the past but any shortish pasta would be fine I think.

I didn't give quantities as I just dump in the ingredients til it looks and tastes good. I like a fair bit of green through it but that's just my preference

afatalflaw Fri 09-Sep-16 18:04:07

I do tuna mayo, spring onion and defrosted chopped spinach (or you can cook fresh but I am lazy!). The effect should be speckled with green flecks rather than large pieces so not the frozen variety in leaves. I also do half Mayo half natural yoghurt as it gives a fresher taste.

Twunk Fri 09-Sep-16 18:13:06

Gosh that sounds nice too. I may do two....

BrassicaBabe Sun 25-Sep-16 09:09:54

The Parmesan/sun dried tomato/spinach recipe was indeed fab! I used the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. Thank you, got me out of a spot! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now