Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration for healthy recipes, please

(6 Posts)
Tindel Mon 29-Aug-16 08:00:01

DH has told me for the umpteenth time he's been eating rubbish for the past week and wants to eat healthily. He is, unfortunately, useless at coming up with suggestions of what he wants to eat that's healthy. What healthy dishes do your family enjoy? I also have a 1 year old who seems to eat most things

girlsyearapart Mon 29-Aug-16 08:03:58

I made a really nice frittata yesterday. Pea mint asparagus and feta. Would they that?

Roast veg with couscous?

girlsyearapart Mon 29-Aug-16 08:04:27

Eat that obv

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 29-Aug-16 10:15:31

It does depend a little bit on his definition of healthy and his energy requirements!
We tend to opt for lots of veg, fish or chicken based meals. I really dislike creamy sauces so stick with tomato based things.
Grilled lemon and herb skewers
Tuna steaks put into Niçoise salad
Blackened cod with a mango salsa
Chicken and chickpea tagine with cous cous
Various stir fries with rice noodles
Fajhitas with wholemeal wraps
5 bean chilli and rice
Butternut squash and chick pea curry with rice.
Baked salmon fillets with chilli
Stuffed peppers
I tend to cook with frylite to keep the fat and calories down but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, we're also fortunate that we really enjoy veg and salad which helps and prefer whole grains to the white alternatives.

Blondie1984 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:24:05

There are lots of good healthy recipes on Jamie Oliver's website - maybe have a look there?

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 29-Aug-16 15:28:44

I love the lean in 15 recipies, quick, easy and healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now