Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Magimix/blender/gadget advice sought!

(2 Posts)
Coroico97 Mon 22-Aug-16 09:20:51

I am looking to replace my ancient Magimix. What should I get? I cook a lot. Am thinking Magimix plus blender for soups and smoothies? My Magimix is over 20 years old so I am out of date but that used to be the thing to get! Is it still? Nutri-bullet good but small I think. Also any views on Thermomix? Never though about a bowl-type mixer like a Kitchen-Aid. Assume Magimix can same things? Any advice gratefully received!

1frenchfoodie Mon 22-Aug-16 12:48:48

For blending a cheapie stick blender (£20 or less) has served me well, a quick look at the magimix site suggest blending can be done by them too though. The nutribullet seems like an expensive way to produce small quantities - though I've no personal experience.

A bowl type mixer(I have kenwood but kitchen aid is similar) can knead large quantities of even stiff doughs - I'm not sure how good magimixes are at this. You can get all sorts of add ons such as pasta rollers, mincers etc as well as a jug for blending. I'm slightly begrudging the space mine takes in my small kitchen though.

I've never seen a Thermomix in real life action though they can apparently do loads. For £900 they ought to though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now