Talk

Advanced search

Multicookers - talk to me about them

(6 Posts)
DesolateWaist Sun 14-Aug-16 11:12:36

I'm thinking about getting a multicooker. Namely the tefal 8 in 1.

Thing is that I'm vegetarian, would I get the use out of it?

DesolateWaist Sun 14-Aug-16 13:08:53

Any one?

cdtaylornats Sun 14-Aug-16 13:39:56

I doubt it, I use mine as a slow cooker with the advantage I can sear meat in it.

Kathysclown Sun 14-Aug-16 13:49:16

I have an Instant Pot IP Duo - I use it several times a week, absolutely love it, and it has consigned my slow cooker to the back of the cupboard! Mostly use it to make standard meals quicker, but tasting like they have been simmering for a couple of hours - so use the sauté function followed by the pressure cooker. I do mainly use it for meat based dishes, though, but it does cook rice and bean based dishes quickly, plus mine can make yogurt too, porridge etc.

I have just served up meatballs in tomato sauce in around 15 mins, but tasted like it had been simmering for a long time - love it!

redpriestandmozart Mon 15-Aug-16 10:58:32

I have an Instant Pot IP Duo too, I'm vegan and it replaces my 2 slow cookers and pressure cooker. I use it about twice a week this time of year and think it will be much more in winter. I use it loads for soups, veggie stews, making rice, cooking dried beans, dal, veg chilli, bolognese etc. Really anything I used slow and pressure cooker for this does it better. I don't have to wait for steam, chuck ingredients in and set timer. I love the saute setting to brown onions first, never could be bothered to do that for slow cooker. I love it, and looking forward to experimenting more as colder weather sets in. It takes up much less space than the slow cooker and pressure cooker. My husband who isn't vegan has also had perfect results for meat dishes.

Strawberryfield12 Sat 20-Aug-16 09:30:22

Not a vegan, but love my instant pot, makes batch cooking a breeze.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now