Lunch Ideas

(5 Posts)
Deaneancy Mon 08-Aug-16 07:30:39

Have lots of kids here over summer and running out of lunch ideas that are interesting and healthy. I work ft so need to be able to make in advance. At the moment I've got:
Frittatas of varying kinds
Vegetable muffins
Soups of varying kinds
Obvious ones like sandwiches and pasta
Pancakes with diff fillings
Pastias/mini pies/pasty type things
Pasta

Help!

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 08-Aug-16 07:51:17

Wow that seems loads! I can only add salads (if your kids will eat them). Things like roasted veg and cous cous, tuna pasta, carrot and orange rice salad, potato salad.
Other than that mixing the breads up helps a bit, pitta with humous, cream cheese and smoked salmon bagels, baguettes, flat breads, wraps etc.

lastqueenofscotland Mon 08-Aug-16 12:54:19

Roast veg and hummus in a wrap/pitta?

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 08-Aug-16 13:27:19

It may be included you 'obvious ones' category but 'on toast' cheese, beans, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, spaghetti hoops etc is always a winner here. Ditto toasties.

Mummyoftwo91 Tue 09-Aug-16 18:11:03

Sometimes I give my kids wraps and then a large plate with cut up veg and salad like cucumber carrots ect, some types of sliced cheese and meats such as leftover chicken and ham ect for them to pick their own and they love it and it's minimum effort

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now