Talk

Advanced search

'Round the ole campfire - What to eat?

(7 Posts)
AddToBasket Thu 28-Jul-16 22:06:40

Hi Dee Hi. DH is having a friend and his DSs over this weekend for camping. I mentioned food - DH and our DSs seem to think they will just catch and kill what they need. However, I don't share their faith in Nerf guns.

So I'm thinking I'll help make this trip a success by getting food ready. It needs to sustain them all but also be in the spirit of firesideness. I can walk down with it - the camp isn't far.

Any suggestions?

Crispbutty Thu 28-Jul-16 22:09:18

Jacket spuds cooked in the fire. A big pan of chilli. Sausages to cook.

cdtaylornats Thu 28-Jul-16 22:18:41

The traditional American Smores and a flask of hot chocolate with a couple of brandy miniatures for the adults

AddToBasket Thu 28-Jul-16 22:20:15

I forgot the crucial info - sorry - DH's fellow dad friend is veggie. Thanks for the reply though!

AddToBasket Thu 28-Jul-16 22:21:06

Hot chocolate! That is great. Will do that.

Blondie1984 Fri 29-Jul-16 02:23:10

So I'm guessing DHs friend would have taken something anyway as, being a veggie, he wouldn't partake in eating whatever the caught and killed....

How about veggie chilli? Then he can still have the baked potato like the others

Cineraria Fri 29-Jul-16 02:30:25

I was going to suggest this veggie chilli. It's great with butternut squash if you don't have a pumpkin and even our family meat eaters love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now