Talk

Advanced search

Glut of beetroot

(10 Posts)
PurpleDaisies Tue 26-Jul-16 14:35:06

I forgot to look at what was in the veg box this week and I've ended up with a massive amount of beetroot. Our house is on the market so I don't really want to make chutney in case we get viewings (I don't think eau de vinegar will help sell the house) and we've already got sick of beetroot cous cous, beetroot and feta pasta and beetroot in with the roast spuds.
Any ideas gratefully received.

MunchCrunch01 Tue 26-Jul-16 14:38:28

Beetroot soup? Good way to use a lot. How about a beetroot slaw. Also good in chocolate cake/brownies - that'll help the house sell!

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 26-Jul-16 14:38:46

Beetroot, new potatoes, feta, cumin seeds, oil, pinch of celery salt all chopped up with salmon or chicken breast on top. Just discovered cumin works really well with beetroot.
Do you have a blender? You could make beetroot juice and freeze for soups or smoothies.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 26-Jul-16 14:39:59

Oh and beetroot and walnut dip is amazing. Think it's just beetroot, walnuts, lemon, olive oil blended up from memory.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 26-Jul-16 14:41:01

Recipe here for dip:
apotofteaandabiscuit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/beetroot-and-walnut-hummus-by-hugh.html?m=1

PurpleDaisies Tue 26-Jul-16 14:55:15

That hummus sounds delicious. I don't know why I didn't think of beetroot soup.

I love the idea of beetroot brownies helping the house to sell. I'm meant to be eating healthily but if it's for the good of the house sale, brownies it is!

MunchCrunch01 Tue 26-Jul-16 17:59:38

I'm sure beetroot brownies have to be 1 of our 5 a day!

PurpleDaisies Tue 26-Jul-16 21:02:55

Absolutely munch! Same for carrot cake, vegetable crisps... grin

Soakingupsomesunshine Tue 26-Jul-16 21:42:02

I love beetroot!
Beetroot and caramelised onion tart
Beetroot and sweet potato gratin
Beetroot hummus
Beetroot burgers

PurpleDaisies Tue 26-Jul-16 21:57:32

Oh wow, thanks soaking. We've got veggie friends round next week and that tart looks amazing as dinner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now