Quick after work entertaining recipes

(7 Posts)
WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Fri 22-Jul-16 23:35:36

Having a few friends over for dinner next week after work. I will have 15-30 mins max to pull some food together (fine tho if it then sits in the oven for a while). Trying to find some inspiration and not give in to calling a takeaway! Any good ideas?

finova Fri 22-Jul-16 23:40:59

Maybe asparagus baked with Parma ham with wine.

Then a baked tart, something like this:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1898653/leek-goats-cheese-walnut-and-lemon-tart

Bought ice cream for pudding! Maybe with fruit or chocolate sauce.

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Fri 22-Jul-16 23:47:21

That tart looks yummy - definitely one idea.

Blondie1984 Fri 22-Jul-16 23:54:24

This is my "go to" recipe
www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/roasted-salmon-summer-veg-traybake/#tQYfTKrjdSZ20xcB.97 - i do up to the end of step 5 the night before (or that morning if i have time) and then just finish it when I get home - and because it has all the veg and potatoes in it I don't have to do anything else - other than the sauce (which i don't always do) and maybe cut up some bread
For dessert, I would probably do what PP said and get some good ice cream and serve it with mixed berries - or get some of those GU puddings

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 23-Jul-16 08:07:46

That salmon dish looks good and love that it's one dish. I may go with eton mess pudding as it will be quick if I buy bought meringues. Or if I can I could always do a light cheesecake the night before. I prob won't bother with starters or just do some crisps or nibbly bits. Thanks for the ideas!

NannyMarmalade Sat 23-Jul-16 09:09:24

You could whizz up a chilled soup the night before and keep it in the fridge.

lastqueenofscotland Sat 23-Jul-16 13:09:52

Baked risotto?
Falafel, nice salad, pitta, hummus
stirfry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now