Talk

Advanced search

Good recipe book for families?

(10 Posts)
TheEagle Fri 22-Jul-16 19:29:00

I like a physical recipe book to work from - too annoying to keep refreshing a website.

Any recommendations for a good book for family meals?

I have a 2.5yo and 15mo twins. DH and DTs will eat pretty much anything but I suppose I'm a fan of traditional fare.

TheEagle Fri 22-Jul-16 19:29:46

Oh and I don't have a lot of time so fast dishes are favoured!

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 22-Jul-16 20:23:05

Jamie Oliver's Ministry of food

wellIdeclare Sat 23-Jul-16 09:08:46

DK Feed the Family - look on the Book People as they have in on there for £6 at the moment. Loads of easy recipes with sensible ingredients.

Misty9 Sun 24-Jul-16 23:38:31

We've loved the baby led weaning cookbook and use it regularly even though dc are now 2 and nearly 5. Great healthy recipes, just have to tweak the quantities sometimes.

Xmasbaby11 Sun 24-Jul-16 23:41:15

Mary Berrys absolute favourites.

Busy mum's cookbook

Most Jamie Oliver books

Nigeria lawson Kitchen

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 10:51:55

I'd take a look at 'Feed the Family.' A friend recommended it to me on Teepee, the recommendations app, a couple of weeks ago and I got it right away. I've used it a few times already - not fancy recipes but the little ones are happy (which means I am too!)

BillieMax Mon 25-Jul-16 11:57:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 12:36:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheEagle Mon 25-Jul-16 12:50:41

I'll check out Feed the Family thanks!

I've used Jamie Oliver family recipes a few times and they didn't work out/go down as well as I'd hoped. Same with the baby-led weaning recipes.

I do find Annabel Karmel recipes straightforward and they seem to suit our family so I might check our Busy Mum's Cookbook too.

Thanks a million, I seem to spend most of my life wondering about what to cook grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now