What to serve with BBQ ribs tonight?

(11 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Tue 19-Jul-16 08:52:27

I've got a rack of ribs currently marinating in the fridge in homemade bbq sauce and jack Daniels, but I don't know what to serve with them!
I'm thinking coleslaw and corn on the cob? But is that really boring?
Anyone got any other ideas?

kiwiscantfly Tue 19-Jul-16 09:05:21

It's a classic combo, was coming on to say slaw. Go for it!

BarbaraRoberts Tue 19-Jul-16 09:08:59

Yes to bothe of those and Savoury Rice

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 19-Jul-16 10:08:42

Ooo savoury rice would be good - not too heavy! I'm definitely not feeling any kind of bread or potato in this heat sad

cdtaylornats Tue 19-Jul-16 13:18:21

Lots of ice cold beer/cider/wine

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 19-Jul-16 13:29:13

cdtaylornats I wish! Being 6 months pregnant in this heat sucks sad I would kill for an ice cold mojito right now! I've tried non-alcoholic ones and it's so disappointing! Just a fancy lime and soda hmm

Wiifitmama Tue 19-Jul-16 13:33:11

We are living on coleslaw at the moment with everything. I make a big bowl and it keeps for days. Soooooo hot that it hits the spot perfectly.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 19-Jul-16 13:45:46

WiiFit I've bought all the stuff to make coleslaw, bought corn on the cob, some ready-to-cook sweet potato fries and some hot dog rolls because I still have some sausages in the fridge from last night's pasta bake that didn't get cooked. I'll see what DH fancies when he gets home. I'm inclined to change the whole meal to hot dogs now and give my ribs an extra 24hrs marinating in the fridge so they will be extra bbqey tomorrow grin

cdtaylornats Tue 19-Jul-16 13:54:39

I've never liked dealcoholised drinks - its like veggie products that look like meat - they never taste right, you need to go back to basics and go seriously non-alcoholic.

If you can get a bottle of elderflower cordial, blend it with some apple juice and some fresh mint or rosemary, chill to death and add ice cubes that might prove a suitably adult and non-alcoholic drink for the heat wave.

Or a Bonny lassi - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3128/bonny-lassi

You could just channel Enid Blyton and have lashings of Ginger Beer.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 19-Jul-16 13:58:47

Oooo I'm going to look up some non-alcoholic drinks when Dd goes for her nap grin

ImperialBlether Tue 19-Jul-16 14:02:08

Fresh lemonade is lovely, especially with sprigs of mint in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now