Too many tomatoes - inspiration needed.

(8 Posts)
misspym Mon 11-Jul-16 10:38:34

I've somehow ended up with 3 or 4 punnets of not very flavorsome cherry tomatoes.

I love tomatoes usually but these ones are just a bit watery and insipid.

Has anyone any suggestions. A sauce or soup recipe maybe.

Thanks

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 11-Jul-16 10:58:44

Tomato relish?

misspym Mon 11-Jul-16 11:13:06

Great idea! I love relish but I've never made my own. I'll have a google and see what I can find. Thanks

AnnieKenney Mon 11-Jul-16 11:27:46

Slow roasting intensifies the flavour and you can store them in olive oil and add to salads / pasta later (will also keep in a tupperware dish without any oil for 24 hours)

fuzzywuzzy Mon 11-Jul-16 11:37:07

chutney, my MIL makes tomato chutney and it tastes amazing with cheese

Sprintingforthefinnish Mon 11-Jul-16 13:54:29

They will be better roasted. Try this Roasted balsamic cherry tomato and asparagus recipe. It's delicious, we don't bother with the feta.

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Mon 11-Jul-16 17:10:46

I roast sliced cherry tomatoes in the oven, topped with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and chopped garlic.

It goes all gorgeous and is brilliant stirred through spaghetti, but it'd work with roast chicken, or fish, or even cheese on toast.

DarkLikeVader Mon 11-Jul-16 17:17:53

I make this soup when I have a glut of tomatoes - it's lovely. www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/r/roasted_tomato_soup_with_crispy_bacon.html I don't bother with the bacon very often though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now