Batch cooking tips/ books etc to get freezer ready for baby

(8 Posts)
shabbychic1 Sun 03-Jul-16 17:39:19

Hi, new to the food board. I'm about to go on maternity leave and want to do start batch cooking to stick my freezer but the only things I can think about doing are chilli and bolognese! Normally DH cooks ( very lucky!) but he's got new job and I'm going to have a few weeks before baby so I want to help out! Does anyone have and (quick but yummy) tips my family will like that j can make for the freezer please? Thanks grin

AliceInHinterland Sun 03-Jul-16 17:41:53

Any stews, so beef & ale, Irish stew, sausage and bean cassoulet. Cottage pie. I think soups for a quick lunch are useful too.

Icklepickle101 Mon 04-Jul-16 08:25:38

I've recommended this so many times on here but it really is so good!!

Jamie's hit n run chicken, with a packet of microwave rice or some salad and a very quick tea!

we lived on it while DS was teeny

AliceInHinterland Mon 04-Jul-16 09:28:06

Also curries.

Cookingongas Mon 04-Jul-16 17:35:47

Have you a slow cooker?

Do you use Pinterest?

In my freezer I currently have - Lasagne, cottage pie, beef stew, chicken casserole, ham and chicken pie, fish pie, teriyaki chicken, green pea and ham soup, cowgirl stew ( mn cookbook- it's got some great freezer recipes) and butter bean burgers.

Chelsea26 Mon 04-Jul-16 17:44:46

If you have a slow cooker then google 'dump recipes' - sounds gross but good idea. It's basically prepping slow cooker ingredients in bags and freezing.

Cookingongas Mon 04-Jul-16 17:55:23

Chelsea that was exactly what o was going to say! Pinterest has some amazing batch cook slow cooker meals ( dump cooking hmm) which is why I asked the op.

shabbychic1 Tue 12-Jul-16 10:57:21

Hi yes I have a slow cooker and wow the dump cooking looks brilliant! Thanks everyone! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now