Talk

Advanced search

Please give me your Quinoa recipes

(13 Posts)
LazySusan11 Sat 02-Jul-16 05:40:40

I have found bags of the stuff in my cupboard, I do like it and use it in salads but I'm not sure what else I can do with it. no not in the bin

Anyone have any good healthy (easy) quinoa recipes please?

Hopingforsomesunshine Sat 02-Jul-16 12:34:32

I had the same problem and made these flapjack kind of things. Very nice they were too!

Blondie1984 Sat 02-Jul-16 16:32:32

I love this recipe

madeleineshaw.com/recipes/mexican-salmon-lentil-and-quinoa-bowl/

I don't just do salmon though - I've done it with cod, chicken and even a can of tuna fish before - and leftovers are fab

divafever99 Sat 02-Jul-16 16:36:29

Cook it and let it go cold. Cut sweet potato into cubes and cook in the microwave and allow to cool. Add salad, cooked chicken, cucumber and cubes of feta cheese.

ThornyBird Sat 02-Jul-16 16:37:23

I add it to soup in the winter because I like thick stodgy broth like soups smile

howcomes Sun 03-Jul-16 03:49:54

I add it to soups or casseroles to thicken them up, or cook it up then add it to sauted veg and feta cheese and stuff peppers with it. I've also used it to with onions and sage to make a mock stuffing for a roast chicken as a gluten free version.

LazySusan11 Sun 03-Jul-16 07:48:35

Thank you!

Chewbecca Sun 03-Jul-16 19:53:57

I like this JO chicken & quinoa salad. DH finds it a little too 'healthy tasting' though

whois Tue 05-Jul-16 11:12:57

This is goooooood!

meatless meatballs

However:
Use 1 whole egg to bind not 1 egg white.
Use dried herbs for ease and cheapness but in the same quantities as described.
I use bog standard breadcrumbs and don't have any issues. Panko would be a waste.

Don't fry them, they spit like billy-o and get your arms. Bake in the oven at 180 fan for 25 mins ish turning half way thorugh. I use a spray olive but you could brush them with oil too.

coconut quinoa and lentil curry with mango salsa

That is 100% delish, really filling and fresh tasting and a little bit different. Kinda like a thai dahl.

Rinceoir Tue 05-Jul-16 21:31:38

EasyChilli

Alternative-to-pasta bake

happylass Sat 09-Jul-16 08:48:54

I love this:
skinnyms.com/quinoa-fruit-salad-with-honey-lime-vinaigrette/

happylass Sat 09-Jul-16 08:50:26

This is lovely too:
minimalistbaker.com/quinoa-brittle/

TeaPleaseLouise Sat 09-Jul-16 08:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now