Talk

Advanced search

Plastic free thermos or food container - trying to find one!

(9 Posts)
lidijav Thu 30-Jun-16 16:16:17

Hi ladies, I am very obsessed about not using plastic when it comes to food (BPA free products are full of other nasty chemicals - so big No No for me!) and I have been using Kleen Kanteen bottles (despite the fact that they have plastic lids) but I am trying to find a thermos style food container which will keep food warm for my daughter. Found this on Kickstarter recently - Forever Flask www.kickstarter.com/projects/1425032121/forever-flasktm-the-only-vacuum-flask-youll-ever-n - stainless steel, double wall, thermal vacuum insulated bottle and container. Looks like a very good option for keeping baby food warm or milk cold. What do you think about it? Shall I pledge?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 30-Jun-16 18:46:30

I think it sounds like you're trying to promote it.
So on that note, I'm out.

FinallyHere Thu 30-Jun-16 19:32:46

Well, pledge or don't pledge.

But maybe have a rethink of the marketing policy.

lidijav Thu 30-Jun-16 21:52:54

I am not promoting anything, I am simply asking for any other decent suggestions. I searched the Internet, did not find much. Oh well, I hope someone else might suggest any other products I can use ( I have used Thermos food container before and did not like the fact the plastic was touching hot food).

notagiraffe Thu 30-Jun-16 21:55:06

Pretty sure the wide neck Thermos TM food flasks I bought from Amazon are all stainless steel.

cdtaylornats Thu 30-Jun-16 21:57:55

www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Ultimate-Stainless-Steel-Flask/dp/B001F514WC

There you go steel & silicon

lidijav Fri 01-Jul-16 10:11:07

Thanks, looks good. Is the lid made of stainless steel as well? I have an older model, the top is made of plastic. If the new one is made of metal, I will have to try it!

TommyandGina Fri 01-Jul-16 10:20:11

Try your local outdoors / camping shop

lidijav Sat 02-Jul-16 12:58:12

Thank you ladies! I have been to the stores and online and still searching (probably not for long as more people are becoming aware how bad plastic is to us). I will keep searching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now