Something easy, tasty and 'treat like' to replace pizza

(27 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 30-Jun-16 10:36:00

Every Friday we generally have nice pizza so that there's no washing up/cooking etc. However, im currently on a diet and have cut out most carbs so find the bread hit makes me feel rotten the next day. What could we replace the pizzas with that wouldn't involve quite so much bread?! Not bothered about calories as its one of the days j don't bother counting.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 30-Jun-16 10:36:19

And also requires minimal prep and washing up!

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 30-Jun-16 11:57:07

We sometimes have nachos, guac and sour cream as a similar kind of meal. DH and DS1 tend to augment with chilli portions (from freezer or tin) because they eat masses.

HardleyWorthit Thu 30-Jun-16 12:03:02

We've started using tortillas as the base from Joe Wicks Lean in 15 book.

similar here but you can put what you want on it obvs.

Really easy and tastes great and not so bready.

HardleyWorthit Thu 30-Jun-16 12:06:31

Sorry that didn't work- just google tortilla pizzas and loads come up. It's pretty self explanatory though!

twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 30-Jun-16 12:10:42

DH hates nachos annoyingly as that would be a great solution. Tortilla pizzas are my go to lunch with the kids! Brilliant things but not quite awesome enough to equate as a treat in my book. Thanks for the idea though

TobleroneBoo Thu 30-Jun-16 12:13:34

Square wrap pizza! Warburtons square wrap, pizza toppings, grill

sashh Thu 30-Jun-16 12:21:40

Surprisingly pizza toppings go well on white fish - but I think you would need to use cutlery to eat it.

wobblywonderwoman Thu 30-Jun-16 12:21:56

Fajitas and you could forget the wrap if you want to be good

YorkieDorkie Thu 30-Jun-16 12:24:18

What about taking your favourite toppings and doing something like loaded chips?

PinkyPlumet Thu 30-Jun-16 15:25:29

Cauliflower base pizza? Sounds weird but it's surprisingly nice!

NannyR Thu 30-Jun-16 15:39:59

Try googling socca pizza. It's basically a thick pancake/flat bread type thing that you make with gram (chickpea) flour. Still some carbs but much higher protein. It's really tasty. You can buy gram flour cheaply on the Asian food aisle in supermarkets.
I think I got my original recipe from "a girl called jack" blog.

iseenodust Thu 30-Jun-16 15:49:04

M&S do a stir fry offer for £7 I think. Choice of meat or prawns, rice or noodles, different sauces & pack of chopped veg. Just chuck it all in a frying pan and it's ready in a few minutes. Supposed to be for two but we find feeds three (DS is 11 & eats same amount as us).

milkbottle Thu 30-Jun-16 15:52:24

Curry

OhNoNotMyBaby Thu 30-Jun-16 15:59:45

Burgers, then you don't have to have the bread but others can. I make my own and then offer a choice of toppings, including salad, avocado, chopped toms etc

SpaceDinosaur Thu 30-Jun-16 16:07:06

I was going to suggest the cauliflower base pizza too. It's lovely.

Doje Thu 30-Jun-16 16:09:41

Burgers without the bun for you, or fajitas without the wrap.

midsomermurderess Thu 30-Jun-16 17:10:38

Pissaladierre. Puff pastry topped with caramelised onions, anchovies, peppers, feta, garlic, thyme.

midsomermurderess Thu 30-Jun-16 17:12:09

pissaladière.

cdtaylornats Fri 01-Jul-16 07:52:25

Why not just get a thin and crispy type pizza base?

MaverickSnoopy Sat 02-Jul-16 18:18:33

Chicken tray bake - thighs, potato wedges, chorizo, onion, paprika and bake in oven for about 50 mins on 180. Done!

AliceInHinterland Sat 02-Jul-16 18:28:20

Cloud bread pizzas are pretty decent. Not quite as much of a treat - but if you want a treat I think you're better doing something totally different. Steak with Stilton baked mushrooms for example.

AliceInHinterland Sat 02-Jul-16 18:29:43

Ah the cloud bread takes a fair bit of prep. I think you can freeze them though so you could make a few in advance.

Hensintheskirting Sat 02-Jul-16 18:30:11

Chicken tray bake as above - we use chicken thighs, mixed beans (butter, cannellini, black eyed etc etc) cherry tomatoes and lots of chopped peppers. Drizzle with oil and whack in the oven for 45 mins, blob mozerella on the top for the last 10 mins if you want...

mixety Sat 02-Jul-16 23:36:34

Baked camembert(s) with lots of different things to dip in: bread, raw veg etc, and charcuterie style meats to go with it too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now