Talk

Advanced search

what can I make with this veg? (not curry)

(14 Posts)
yoink Tue 28-Jun-16 21:07:57

courgettes
peppers
mushrooms
new potatoes

I also have some paneer and some ricotta in the fridge, eggs and some store cupboard pulses (lentils, split yellow peas, chick peas).

Any ideas? I'm trying not to do curry because we have curries so often and I fancy a change.

Inspiration gratefully received!

Wolfiefan Tue 28-Jun-16 21:09:04

Frittata or Spanish omelette?

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 28-Jun-16 21:09:59

risotto? I always do risotto with left over vegetables. You could mix in the ricotta

Possibilityofanisland Tue 28-Jun-16 21:10:15

I'd be tempted to make vegetable and paneer kebabs.

Cut it all into chunks and marinade in oil and herbs and then pop them under the grill.

MrsJoeyMaynard Tue 28-Jun-16 21:10:22

Some sort of frittata perhaps? Or a vegetable soup?

farageisacunt Tue 28-Jun-16 21:10:34

Cut into chunks. Roast it all in the oven in one tray.. Splash of oil. Salt and smoked paprika. Once all roasted pop some ricotta on to melt in.

Doje Tue 28-Jun-16 21:12:09

With left over veg I make something like this www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535184/hairy-biker-s-spanish-style-chicken-bake

Basically roast the veg and stick chicken on top with whatever spices I fancy! Do you have chicken though.....?

yoink Tue 28-Jun-16 21:22:35

ooh some good ideas, thank you!

Maybe some kebabs with some kind of garlicy marinade? Or fritatta, then it could do for work lunch too.

I always manage to balls up risotto...

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 28-Jun-16 21:33:27

do a baked risotto. You roast the vegetables in a tin in the oven, add the rice and stock and bake for about 25 mins, then stir in any ricotta or cheese and herbs.

I never do a stove top risotto these days. No matter what vegetables I use 1litre of stock and 300grams of rice. You can add almost anything to it! Chicken, chorizo, any fish, any cheese just loads of stuff!

yoink Wed 29-Jun-16 12:30:34

So I've started off with a feta, courgette, pepper and onion frittata which has done for breakfast and packed lunch. Still loads of veg left though!

whiteonesugar Wed 29-Jun-16 14:02:29

Chuck it all in a pan to cook with some oil and garlic and an onion if you have it, add chopped herbs if you have them, top with a couple of fried or poached eggs. Delish.

Allalonenow Wed 29-Jun-16 14:11:07

Mushrooms (with garlic if you have some) on toast for a starter.

Courgettes and peppers gently fried together, meanwhile cook some pasta, serve the veg stirred through the pasta with any chopped/grated cheese. or towards the end of cooking stir some cream & a splosh of white wine into the veg to make a light sauce.

PinkyPlumet Wed 29-Jun-16 16:05:37

Mash the potatoes and fry with the veg to make bubble and squeak. Add a fried egg on top with grated cheese*.
Drools.*

TroysMammy Wed 29-Jun-16 17:56:57

Slice peppers, courgette batons, chopped garlic, chopped onions. Soften in a deep frying pan you can use under a grill. Add paprika, tin chopped tomatoes. Cook on low heat about 15-20 mins. Pre-heat grill. Make wells in mixture, crack an egg into each well, cook on hob until white starting to set. Ideally put grated cheese on top of the egg, don't know if ricotta and paneer melts enough, and place under grill until eggs cooked to your liking. You could also put mushrooms in. For non vegetarian slice ham before adding tinned tomatoes.

And you only need one pan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now