Here's one I made earler ...12 foodie veggies coming for post-show supper

(11 Posts)
MrsCocoa Sat 25-Jun-16 14:25:25

Any menu ideas? Extended family are coming round for a light meal after a kids show. Needs to be made beforehand and quick to serve up (and to avoid sugar/white carbs). Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

elephantoverthehill Sat 25-Jun-16 14:40:17

www.eatyourbooks.com/library/recipes/1625394/lightly-smoked-salmon-lentil-and

Even my children enjoyed this one. Only ok if they eat fish

MrsCocoa Sat 25-Jun-16 14:58:01

Thanks Elephant - sadly they don't.

How fussy are they about cheese? You could just do a few baked Camemberts and serve with nice bread, grapes etc.

Otherwise I'd do a couple of curries and serve with a selection of bought sides and breads, plus some salad.

MrsCocoa Sat 25-Jun-16 15:39:30

Remus - genius idea. (Have never baked Camembert - any particular instructions?). Will make a vat of ratatouille and green salad and that should do the job.

Sounds fab.

Here you go cheese
I normally slosh a bit of white wine over the top before baking it, as well as the garlic and thyme.

DoItTooJulia Sat 25-Jun-16 17:10:16

Make a large spinach and ricotta quiche. Coleslaw, potato salad, a green salad as sides-all can be made in advance.

whois Sat 25-Jun-16 17:50:38

I'd probably do a big pan of soup that cat be just heated back up, cheese platter with veg sticks and grapes and baby toms and chutneys and bread/crackers plus some other antipasti type stuff like olives, artichoke, roasted peppers etc.

OnyK Sat 25-Jun-16 20:37:39

Some freshly baked (wholemeal) bread with the camembert and ratatouille...sounds like my kind of meal!

Statelychangers Sat 25-Jun-16 21:54:39

Smoked butternut chilli, serve with crusty bread.

MrsCocoa Sun 26-Jun-16 00:35:35

Thanks everyone. All prepped and ready - phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now