Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Something with sausages

(10 Posts)
Pepsioften100 Mon 20-Jun-16 14:51:13

I've decided on sausages for dinner. But undecided what to do with them?
I know you all have tonnes of favourites so please share! :D
Fed up of same old food so need inspiration...
Thanks!

cdtaylornats Mon 20-Jun-16 15:05:30

Stovies
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2586/sausage-and-root-veg-stovie

Casserole
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940681/sausage-and-bean-casserole-

Toad in the hole
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5822/toad-in-the-hole-in-4-easy-steps

Glitterspy Mon 20-Jun-16 19:43:23

Sausage splodge.

Fry your bangers til browned. Remove to a plate. In the remaining oil soften onion and garlic, add some mushrooms, then add tinned tomatoes and purée, season with thyme. Summer gently. Parboil some puy lentils. Add the sausages and lentils back into the tomato sauce with a spoon or two/enough of the cooking water to lubricate nicely.

Doesn't really need carbs but extra nice served with mash or rice.

midsomermurderess Mon 20-Jun-16 20:28:03

Ooh the sausage lentils and tomatoes sound good. was watching an old Jamie Escapes yesterday and he cooked that at a monestery in Italy and it looked superb.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Mon 20-Jun-16 21:03:26

I'm guessing I've missed dinner time, but for anyone else looking for sausage inspiration, it HAS to be toad in the hole!

Wisteria1979 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:06:41

We do a lot of the above winter time and summer time with sausages on the BBQ with beluga lentils and feta cheese salad. Add leaves, tomatoes and grated courgette plus maybe sugarsnap peas or jarred artichokes. Lovely

pineappletongue Thu 23-Jun-16 14:34:44

I like sausages with creamy greens, or do roasted root veg.

DubiousCredentials Thu 23-Jun-16 14:40:38

I like to fry an onion then add to uncooked rice. Add appropriate amount of water with a chicken stock pot cube thing and a bit of curry powder. Cook for however long rice takes. I sometimes sling a handful of frozen peas in at the end too. Nice with sausages when nobody fancies mashed potato or chips.

Flouncy Thu 23-Jun-16 14:41:03

sausages in cider casserole.

brown sausages and a chopped onion, add carrots/ veg, pour over can of cider, add some chicken stock, add a few sprigs of thyme and a bay leaf, leave to cook.

Lovely with mustard mash and a few green beans.

diamond457 Thu 23-Jun-16 21:35:39

Please Google the fabulous baker brothers toad in the hole. It is hands down the best toad in the hole ever, I won't even look at another recipe.

It's a favourite in our house and we always have it with veg and gravy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now