Give me your best straight from the freezer goodies

(9 Posts)
homebythesea Fri 10-Jun-16 14:51:05

A young adult with a changeable timetable in this house so the deal is if he's not around at our usual meal times he has to sort himself out.

The issue is that I tend to live out of the freezer, and take out whatever we are having to defrost well ahead of time. This is obviously not working for the young person so I need to stock the freezer with things that can be cooked without defrosting, but perhaps a little bit more edifying than chicken nuggets et al. And not ready meals as such. (Needless to say he can and does have things like pesto pasta, couscous etc that don't come from the freezer

So I've though of:
Tortellini
Felafels
Samosas

Anything else?

anametouse Fri 10-Jun-16 15:03:31

If you got to Iceland (it's really not that bad!) almost everything is good from frozen (meats, veg etc etc) everything you can cook you can cook from frozen

homebythesea Fri 10-Jun-16 17:42:51

No Iceland within 10 miles of me sadly!

RedKites Fri 10-Jun-16 17:56:05

Breaded fish/fish cakes/etc. Pizza?

anametouse Fri 10-Jun-16 19:10:01

Oh no! Some supermarkets do it too (tesco and Asda)

NapQueen Fri 10-Jun-16 19:15:04

Aldi do bags of frozen risotto. Shake out half the packet into a frying pan, stir as it heats for 7 mins. Done.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Fri 10-Jun-16 19:21:17

Prawns? I cook them from from frozen in a quick stir fry (pre prepared bags of veg) or in a Thai curry (ready made paste, coconut milk, pack of baby corn/mangetout and microwave rice).

PolkaHeart Fri 10-Jun-16 19:34:00

Birdseye do a range of frozen meals that cook in a pan from frozen in around 10mins.
Loads of different ones, DH likes the paella the most! Only £2 each, so handy to keep a few stocked up

homebythesea Fri 10-Jun-16 23:31:31

Ooh paella/risotto type things v good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now