Talk

Advanced search

raw cacao

(6 Posts)
chorltonloveswheelies Thu 09-Jun-16 09:16:09

I've started using raw cacao but am shock at the cost of it in H&B and local health food shops.

Can anyone recommend a supplier who is a bit more reasonable?

lazyjournalistsbogoff Thu 09-Jun-16 09:29:01

I have a bag and don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it hmm. Maybe I should send it to you?

ICJump Thu 09-Jun-16 09:38:19

Just use cocoa. A good Dutch one with no sugar. It's the same stuff

Blondie1984 Thu 09-Jun-16 23:31:52

Have a look on Amazon - you will find a range of different ones at different prices on there

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Mon 13-Jun-16 13:18:51

I made some peanut butter cups the other day which both DP and I LOVED!

Melt half cup of cacao butter (coconut oil apparently works too). Then mix with 2 tbsp honey (or more or less to your liking) and half cup of cacao.

Spread half of the mixture into cupcake cases and pop in the fridge until solidified. Add a tsp of peanut butter to each and pour over the rest of the choc mix. Makes 6.

Just in case anyone has a thing for reeses! Glad I've see this thread as the ingredients go bloody quick if you make these making them very costly!

chocchocchic Mon 13-Jun-16 20:17:02

Costco if you can get a card/know someone who does and is willing to take you. They do 1kg bags of fab quality organic stuff for 8-10 quid, can't remember the exact price but it's fab. I bought one bag in January and it's still going strong, and I use it a fair bit. As its so strong I only use about half what I would when a recipe says cocoa. Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now