Talk

Advanced search

Bulk buy meat.. is this a good deal?

(8 Posts)
Beth2511 Sat 28-May-16 09:49:22

Seen an offer for a bulk buy of meat for £55, I have no idea if its good value or not as am hopeless for these things!

24 x 200g Premium Chicken Breast Fillets
2 x 6-7oz Matured Grass Fed Rump Steaks
2 x 6-7oz Matured Grass Fed Flat Iron Steaks
2 x 6-7oz Matured Grass Fed Hache Steaks
2 x 400g Matured Grass Fed Steak Mince
2 x 5oz Hickory Barbecue Chicken Steaks
2 x 5oz Sweet Chilli & Lime Chicken Steaks
12 x 57g Matured Grass Fed Giant Meatballs
6 x 75g Low Fat Meaty Pork Sausages
6 x 75g Low Fat Cumberland Sausages

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 28-May-16 09:57:37

How many people do you need it to feed and for how long??

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 28-May-16 09:59:16

And is it a ready-made up variety pack for £55?? I used to buy those, but then realised I was getting more for my money when I went through the website and added the items I wanted individually to the basket but still set myself the limit of £55 smile

Beth2511 Sat 28-May-16 17:35:41

Its for 2 adults, 1 18 month old and an 8 year old 2 nights a week.

Yeah ready-made. Really want to start getting a good deal on meat but no idea where to start.

FlouncyMcFlounceFace Sat 28-May-16 17:45:50

Premium chicken breasts can be lovely, roasted with all trimmings and gravy etc.

I find that most of the time my chicken gets sliced or diced and put in a casserole, pie or stirfry and frozen for my budget is a better deal.

Aldi/Lidl have both recently had a bag (1kg) of frozen chicken fillets for £3.35. For currys and stews this suits me.

Sausages/ tray meatballs/ chicken in sauce type dishes i'd usually pay about £1.50 for.

Mince maybe £3.

Rump steak from the likes of Aldi/ Lidl under £4.

To me £55 seams quite a bit if its going in the freezer and taking up all your freezer space.

Maybe think about what meals you like to cook and what would you use things for. Would you be buying premium chicken and using it because you had it in when previously you'd have been having spag bol.

AHobbyaweek Sat 28-May-16 18:04:21

If this is muscle foods then we love their food! Great value and lovely quality (even when frozen and defrosted)

HelenF35 Sat 28-May-16 18:06:50

It is a muscle foods offer. I've ordered it for delivery next months We use them all the time and their products are great. Had a few minor issues with packaging problems but customer services are great. Highly recommend.

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 29-May-16 07:46:03

I tend to meal plan for the month, and then add the items I would need to make those meals individually to the shopping basket (up to a total of £55), rather than buy a ready made pack and try to meal plan around what's in it IYSWIM. I use themeatman.co.uk instead of muscle foods now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now