Talk

Advanced search

Can we have an 'I've got xxx, what can I do with it?' thread

(8 Posts)
originalmavis Fri 20-May-16 11:18:11

I shall start:
I have -12 ripe avocados, impulse purchase packet of edame bean 'spaghetti' and a head of yellowing broccoli. (Obviously that's not all I have but the most imminently in need of eating).

What can I do with his?

Cookingongas Fri 20-May-16 19:35:26

Avocados (12?!?!)
guacamole with 2 and perhaps roast your broccoli florets to dip in

This avocado spaghetti is lovely annajones.co.uk/recipe/avocado-lemon-zest-spaghetti

Avocado cake
chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/10/14/avocado-chocolate-cake/

TyneTeas Fri 20-May-16 22:22:48

avocados mushed up or blended with icing sugar and rum is tasty

originalmavis Sat 21-May-16 13:19:33

Is that a dip, cake topping or cocktail?

Penfold007 Sat 21-May-16 13:28:39

You could freeze some of the avocados. Halve, peel, put in zip-lock bag and freeze or mash up with a squeeze of lemon juice, put in a plastic tub and freeze.

TyneTeas Sat 21-May-16 23:15:23

mine? a pudding to eat with a spoon, like syllabub or angel delight only a bit thicker

originalmavis Sun 22-May-16 09:21:36

I've never thought of avocados as sweet. I'm making some guacamole today (I know, boring but a favourite) and will try the rum one.

Maybe a face pack? I seem to remember them being used for that.

The broccoli got roasted in the end with slivers of almond, onion, coriander seed and sun dried tomatoes.

The edame bean 'pasta' was nice enough (roast tomato, onion, garlic and olive oil sauce) I thought but when asked if they'd like it again, the troops weren't keen.

The reason I have so many is that we both bought some, then the local supermarket was selling some discounted ones for 29p for 2 and I can't resist a bargain (especially when they are usually 99p for one!).

I have a friend who likes avocado milkshake. I think it's horrible, but maybe worth a try?

Avocado, lemon juice and chopped red chilli on toast is one of my very favourite things lately.

Broccoli and Stilton soup? Or shove it in a quiche? Or put it in a curry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now