Quick dinners for when I feel sick

(8 Posts)
Helgathehairy Thu 19-May-16 16:59:13

I'm pregnant and suffering from all day sickness! Also shattered tired!
I'm managing breakfast and lunch (mostly involving variations on toast and avocados!) for DD and I but have handed dinners off to DH. Who's awesome but some evenings I just want to do something quick if he's going to be home late or if he's had a rough day.

So quick easy ideas please? I don't fancy anything I cook normally!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 19-May-16 17:02:30

Jacket potatoe ( done in microwave) with beans/cheese/tuna
Omelette
On the days your DH cooks dinner he could cook a bit extra and freeze. Most things freeze well and you just get out in the morning want you want that night to defrost and microwave it

Fajitas are quick, if your up to eating them

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Thu 19-May-16 17:07:23

My default quick dinner for DS when is pesto pasta with broccoli and cheese. Cook the pasta and broccoli in the same pot, drain, dollop in pesto and maybe some chopped up ham or leftover roast chicken, stir and serve with grated cheese on top.

Helgathehairy Thu 19-May-16 17:07:59

I can eat most things - it's just thinking about food I can't handle! Except chops (lamb or pork) they turn my stomach!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 19-May-16 17:09:35

Pasta with any sauce you can always put some veg in with it

Wolfiefan Thu 19-May-16 17:10:33

Quesadillas
Use a slow cooker?

Andanzadora Thu 19-May-16 17:20:33

Quesadillas are really quick and easy:
In a dry frying pan warm a wrap for 30s on one side, flip over, add grated cheese (all over) and toppings (on one half) (peppers and baby leaf spinach are my go-to but anything that works as a pizza topping should work here too), fold in half and fry until the cheese is melted, then cut into wedges. For adults, sprinkle some chilli sauce inside before serving.

Helgathehairy Thu 19-May-16 17:57:32

Lots of ideas going on the list thanks. I'd actually already told DH I fancied quesadillas next week!

Don't have a slow cooker and not getting one - tiny kitchen and don't have any more storage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now