Talk

Advanced search

Soup maker?

(6 Posts)
BluebellTheDonkey Wed 18-May-16 16:37:03

Anyone got a soup maker? If so which make do you have? Are they any good? I'm the only one in my family who eats soup so I don't usually bother making it. Just wondered if these are easy to use, so I can make it for myself.

Simpsonsaddict Wed 18-May-16 19:31:17

I've got this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-501014-Saute-Maker/dp/B00XMK2GD4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463596037&sr=8-1&keywords=soup+and+saute

It fries the onions and everything so you don't need to use a separate pan. It's ridiculously easy to use, you just select 'smooth' and leave it, and come back 20 minutes later and it's cooked, blended and ready to eat! It was quite expensive for something that onto cooks soup (mine was an incredibly kind gift) but I use it a lot, whereas I couldn't have been bothered with the faff of cooking and blending otherwise (and all that washing up!). It does make quite a lot, I'd say 4 portions or more, so you'll probably need to freeze loads if you're the only one eating it.

My sister goes to slimming world and uses hers almost constantly.

NoahVale Wed 18-May-16 19:33:05

i have a similar one, does not saute, it was also a gift. I do like it though, you just leave it for 20 minutes. Although you cant open it and check, because if you do, you need to start the 20 minutes again.

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 18-May-16 19:36:34

Thank yousmile I am very tempted by one that fries the onions, that really would take the hard work out of it. Yes I would probably freeze a couple of portions, which would be nice because I would then have some ready for another day.

Spam88 Wed 18-May-16 20:57:20

I have the Saute and Soup too (was also a gift!) and it is great smile Just beware the unexpected beeping before it starts blending - made me jump out of my skin the first time!

There's also a chunky setting that will just cook the ingredients without blending if you fancy a chunky soup.

BluebellTheDonkey Wed 18-May-16 21:41:03

Thank yousmile It is on offer on Amazon at the moment so I think following everyones advice I will be treating myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now